Friday 27 April 2012

27/4/12 - Light outside a hotel room

 

Right, after 30 days living in a hotel room with little else to do but watch a new wing of the hotel be build right outside my door, I finally get to swap the 7am alarm call of a circular saw or someone hammering nails into walls for the cooler climes down south where I have my own transport, can go wherever I wish and can drink water right out of the tap!

Photo0044 Photo0054

One of the transport lists with creative spelling of my name – back when we flew…

Cute display outside the “Jardin du wharf” in PG during one of my walks around town

So tomorrow is packup and departure day. I can’t deny I’m excited about getting home and being a bit more active; I feel like my muscles have atrophied over this month. Certainly the tan I established in Thailand is all gone and I’m starting to look like Gollum again.

Photo0046 Photo0048

After a brief but heavy shower in POG

This is a tar road, believe it or not

Photo0050 Photo0052

One of the main streets. Good drainage infrastructure but needs time to get rid of the water sometimes

I was dismayed that I couldn’t get to the shops across the water – full of sewage so not a shoes-off crossing option

I had taken these pics a week or so ago, keeping them for the next fascinating blog post which hasn’t come. I don’t think I’ve ever had this little news – everything centring around the hotel and the restaurant where I have had my meals. I ended up buying snacks from the supermarket just to not have to eat at the restaurant for every meal, since the menu gets extremely monotonous when its the only place at which I am allowed to eat on account.

The continuing construction outside my room. The big block closest to me is the lift apparently, as it will be 3 storeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment